EcomCircles has built an extension called Walmart UPC lookup which is a Google Chrome Extension built for Walmart Sellers to make product research easier and faster. The Tool world as Keepa for Walmart that provides several helpful shortcuts to Walmart product research for Walmart sellers. In this post, we’ll take a look at a few of the other features built into this tool as well.
The selling features of the Tool are listed below:
1. Pulling UPC from Walmart Automatically
The Tool displays the UPC of any item on Walmart.com automatically. The user does not have to hunt for it in the page code for each product. This means sellers can now quickly and easily research Walmart products in half the time. The UPC code is the EXACT code in use by Walmart, and the sellers can easily copy/paste it to Seller Center to list that product. Awesome, right?
2. See the Attributes along with UPC on Product Pages
The Tool not only shows the UPC against the Walmart Item ID but other attributes such as the Product ID and a quick link to search Amazon for this item. The paid versions will also show all variation combinations and give users the ability to easily download this table if needed.
What we display on the Product page:
- Product ID – This is the Walmart internal ID number.
- US Item ID – This is the Item ID used for the US Walmart marketplace. Some may refer to this as the “Walmart SKU” but better terminology is “Item ID.”
- UPC – The UPC of the product from Walmart itself. Sometimes the UPC is referred to as the barcode number since it is also the number that’s on the barcode of most products on the shelves at any retail store.
Please note that not all Walmart products have a UPC that Walmart makes available. This is a known issue with Walmart. We also link to Amazon so you can find the product there easily.
- Attributes – If a product has variations, we show the information for each of the Variation so you don’t have to check each one individually. We show the variation attributes in the table so you know which UPC and Walmart Item ID matches with which variation of the product
- Item Restricted Status – Getting claims against your seller account for infringing on intellectual property (IP), copyrights, or trademarks should be avoided, and we help you do it! We maintain the largest database of brands which are likely to file complaints against your seller account. We show 3 levels of warnings inside of our application which are:
- No Issues: As far as we know, there have not been any reports against sellers from this brand
- Warning: This brand has been reported to have filed complaints against sellers on other platforms, but not necessarily on Walmart. Not all complaints could be verified, so we consider these a “warning” only.
- Do Not List: These are brands for which we have verified that either the brand owner has issues a formal complaint through a cease & desist letter or taken action against a seller through Walmart. We highly recommended not listing these brands unless you have a direct relationship with the brand owner.
- Price History Graph – The data that is needed to be displayed on the graph is fetched which is then displayed on the Chart as Chart Points:
- Walmart Price (if offer exists)
- 3rd Party Price (Minimum)
- 3rd Party (WFS) (Minimum)
- BuyBox Price
All these data points are being saved in a Time Series Database, where historical information regarding the products is being saved.
3. Profit Calculation
This extension also shows the amount you would get for selling any item on Walmart.com after Walmart takes their commission. This makes calculations way faster since you can quickly compare the price listed here with your supplier’s price to see if there is profit. The category fees of Walmart are considered so it’s as accurate as possible. If you’ve never used a tool like this, try it. You’ll realize what a HUGE help it is on a day-to-day basis.
4. View Stats on Category Pages
The sellers are able to see the stats on the product pages along with all the seller information. (Blue box in the screenshot). This includes data points such as the number of sellers, item rank (if Walmart gives it one), whether the item has 2-day shipping or not already, and whether the item is sold and shipped by Walmart or not. All this information helps third-party sellers in research.
One important part of the extension is that we get the information from the pages a user visits our time-series database. It helps us in building historical data which we are eventually displaying on the page itself.
Walmart UPC Lookup Pricing
So how much is it? We have three plans for you to choose from based on your needs which you can see here: Get beta pricing
How is our Extension different from what’s already in the market?
Our extension will show you:
- The UPC code of the Walmart product
- Price after the marketplace fees
- Historical stock and price data for Walmart products
- The number of sellers on the listing and whether or not WM is on the listing
- Whether a brand or product is restricted for Walmart Marketplace Sellers or if it is at risk for Intellectual Property, Copyright, or Trademark infringement claims by the brand
How to set the extension up?
Setting up the extensions is super easy; just follow these THREE steps, and you’ll have the extension on the go.
- Sign up here, pick up a plan that suits you best, pay.
- Download and install the extension (Watch this video for help in installing the extension). (You can also download and use a limited version for free to test it out.)
- Search for any item from any category on Walmart and have all the information you need to be listed under the product’s title.
So in conclusion, if you are looking for an easy way to look up walmart upcs in order to list your skus on Walmart, our upc finder extension is exactly the tool that you’re looking for.