eCommerce is a rapidly-growing sector, with worldwide retail eCommerce sales amounting to approximately $5.2 trillion in 2021. This growth is expected to rise by 10.4% to reach $6 trillion in 2023. A lot of people are figuring out ways to have a slice of this sweet money-making pie by buying wholesale products and reselling them directly on Amazon or other e-commerce platforms.
To successfully pull this off and become a profitable seller on Amazon, you first need to figure out what to buy and what not to buy. In fact, that’s the key to success in any online marketplace or business. But the question is, how to find the right product?
Well, there are a number of options available for you to identify the most profitable and in-demand products. If you’re new to Walmart or Amazon, you might not be familiar with the wholesale scanner. With a wholesale scanner, sellers may quickly assess critical information about in-store merchandise and inventory in online businesses.
While there are a handful of these seller tools in the market, only a few truly stand out. In this article, we will be discussing one of those few — EC Scanner — in comparison with a popular wholesale scanner — Scan Unlimited.
Before we begin, let’s see how beneficial it is to utilize a wholesale product scanner in the first place.
Manual Sourcing vs Wholesale Product Price List Scanner
Manually sourcing products can be stressful, time-consuming, and frankly, frustrating. It takes hours upon hours to find the right product that will be profitable for your business. Most price lists have thousands of products and it takes a lot of time to go through them.
Moreover, 90% of the products in the price list are not the desired ones with low-profit margins. This is where a wholesale product price list scanner comes into the picture.
Now, manually sourcing products has its upsides, especially if you have the time and you are a newbie in the business. The process can enhance your product research intuition, and you could save a couple of bucks as you are just starting out. But as you keep growing and expanding, you will need to invest in a wholesale product scanner tool to make things easier for you.
If you’re running short on time or have a busy schedule, give the price list scanner a try. It will definitely save you time and effort. In a given time, you can search for more products and grow your business rapidly with a price list scanner as compared to manual product hunting.
What is Scan Unlimited?
Scan Unlimited is a wholesale product scanner built for Amazon sellers to make the product sourcing process much easier. It has a couple of useful features such as bulk scanning, keepa chart scanning, ROI calculator, and so on.
How does Scan Unlimited Work?
The first thing you need, before you start using Scan Unlimited, is a product catalog. This product catalog, which is usually in the form of a spreadsheet, should contain a product identifier, such as UPC, EAN, ASIN, or sometimes, ISBN. It should also have other product specifics like the product name, price information, product description, and so on.
Once you have this spreadsheet, you can simply upload the file to Scan Unlimited and then set a few preferences. The software will then find each product through its EAN/UPC code and comes up with the profitability calculation of each product on Amazon.
As regards their pricing structure, the software has two price tiers – free and unlimited. The free version is quite limited as you can only process one file upload per month and a maximum of 10,000 products per upload. This might be an O.K. deal for newbies that are just starting out, but as you expand, you will need something better to handle the growing capacity of your growing business.
Their priced plan is quite expensive with a price tag of $60 per month. You get unlimited file uploads and the like, but you don’t get some features that will guarantee you success.
Drawbacks of Scan Unlimited
- There are less expensive options with comparable features.
- There is no existing smartphone app version.
- Scanners are stored online and can only be accessed with an internet connection if they are not downloaded.
Ecom Scanner – the Better Alternative to Scan Unlimited
Ecom Circles Wholesale Scanner, also called EC Scanner or Ecom Scanner, is a comprehensive and efficient alternative to Scan Unlimited for online sellers looking to maximize their profitability and minimize their risk of suspension.
With its advanced scanning algorithms and real-time updates, EC Scanner provides a complete and up-to-date picture of the market, including prices, availability, and competitor data.
Its user-friendly interface and customizable settings make it easy for sellers to quickly identify and capitalize on opportunities, while its robust tracking and reporting tools allow them to monitor their performance and make data-driven decisions.
Furthermore, EC Scanner offers top-notch customer support, ensuring that sellers have the resources they need to succeed. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re an experienced seller looking to take your business to the next level, EC Scanner is the right choice for you.
EC Scanner Features
EC Scanner, like most wholesale product list scanners including Scan Unlimited, has features to allow users to upload files, scan products, and view product details.
But in addition to all this, EC Scanner stands out from the rest by providing additional features to ensure the success of your dropshipping business. Here are EC Scanner features that sets it apart from others:
- Restricted Brand Check – Sometimes brands are restricted on your seller account. If you order inventory from that brand, you won’t be able to resell those items. With the EC scanner, you can check for restricted brands and avoid purchasing from them. However, no such feature is available in Scan Unlimited.
- IP Claim Check – This feature works the same way as in Scan Unlimited, but here you can check even more companies that are not included in the Scan Unlimited database. EC scanner maintains a huge database of the brands which are well-known for sending IP claims. You can simply check these brands and make your purchasing decision accordingly.
- Hazmat Check – It is always best to stay as away from hazmat products. There are a lot of regulations and restrictions with them. If you do not adhere strictly to regulations pertaining to Hazmat products, you could land your storefront in serious trouble with your marketplace. With the EC scanner’s hazmat check feature, you can get an indication of hazmat products to refrain from buying them.
- FBA/WFS Fees – The software then uses these pre-installed fees/charges to calculate the total cost for each of your scanned/filtered products. Thus, there is no need to do it manually.
- Calculate Shipping – EC scanner allows you to calculate the shipping cost for your inventory. Just add your complete address and order details and the software will calculate the shipping cost for your inventory. This feature is neither offered by Scan Unlimited, nor by any other wholesale product list scanner.
- ROI/Margin Calculation – Just like Scan Unlimited, your ROI and margins can be calculated instantly by using the cost of goods (COGS). Thanks to the ROI and Profit calculator feature of the EC scanner, drop shippers may buy inventory with a renewed level of confidence that they have winning products and that they can gain a significant competitive advantage over other sellers.
- Sales Ranking & History – EC scanner not only enlists the rankings of your products on the marketplace but also provides the complete track record of that brand. You can set the tracking record for 30, 60, or 90 days and review your selected brand’s performance/ranking during that particular period.
- Sales Estimator – Another feature of the EC scanner which distinguishes it from Scan Unlimited is its sales estimator tool. This tool allows you to calculate the average number of sales per item. It is so far the best feature offered by EC scanner as you can better predict the profitability margin and performance of your products.
- Marketplace on Listing – You can set the marketplace according to your choice and see the profitability of your products on that marketplace. With the EC scanner, you can check your product metrics against Amazon, Walmart, or both. On the other hand, Scan Unlimited is just allowing you to see Amazon listings.
- Competitive Sellers – You can also look for potential competitors on the marketplace selling the same product as yours. Although Scan Unlimited also shows your competitors, EC scanner filters ones within 2% of the buy box.
- Up-to-date Information with Regular Scans – EC Scanner allows you to keep your merchandise current with the latest information without manually uploading supplier or wholesaler lists. Set up recurring scans of the already uploaded database to make sure you always have the most recent information.
- Free 14-day Trial – The cost of getting access to wholesale scanning and sourcing can’t be any lower than with EC scanner. Each third-party reseller can have quick, simple access to cutting-edge sourcing and product research resources without breaking the bank. You can enjoy a 14-day free trial before opting for a paid version of the software.
How to Start with EC Scanner?
EC scanner is very simple and easy-to-use software. Here is how to start using EC scanner in 4 simple steps.
- Signup to start using the EC Scanner. Once you do, you get a 14-day trial period, after which you will be required to pay a monthly fee.
- After signing up for the EC scanner, get a product catalog from distributors, brand owners, or through a software.
- Use the EAN, ISBN, or UPC code to search quickly. All you need to do is upload the product catalog in excel format and choose the data options you want. Drop a file, then compare it to Amazon or Walmart (or both).
- Get access to important indicators like buy-box pricing, seller volume, profitability, and much more. You can also use strong filters to assess the results and uncover profitable, highly-selling in-demand products to help you choose the best products to sell at any given time.
Why Choose EC Scanner over Scan Unlimited?
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider using EC Scanner:
- Diversity: Do you sell on Amazon and Walmart? No problem! EC Scanner is both an Amazon wholesale scanner as well as a Walmart wholesale scanner. Giving you the freedom to dropship from any platform you want. Scan Unlimited, on the other hand, is only an amazon product scanner.
- Flexibility: EC scanner not only gives you the ability to diversify your selling endeavor on both Walmart and Amazon, but it also allows you to toggle between WFS/DSV for Walmart, and FBM/FBA in the case of Amazon, so you are fully informed on your potential profitability no matter the online selling route you take.
- Price: Unlike Scan Unlimited which costs $60 a month to access its unlimited features, EC scanner gives you this at an affordable rate of $47/month. You also have a 14-day trial to get comfortable with the software before you decide to commit.
- Additional perks: With Scan Unlimited, you only get a product list scanner. With EC Scanner, you not only get a tool that accurately scans product catalogs to help you discover profitable products, but you also get additional perks like the hazmat check feature that protects you from buying hazmat products.
This and many other features are included in the EC Scanner package to ensure the success of your online selling business endeavor.
If you want a well-rounded, simpler, and affordable solution for your product research, check out the EC scanner and sign up now to start your 14-day free trial!